Thursday, January 26, 2012

The friends we once thought would last

I've been going to this friend's blog constantly, but there always isn't any new post. It might be due to the privacy settings, I'm not sure. But today, I re-read the most recent post that had been there since forever. And I felt that I could relate to it. Perhaps I've never ever paid as much attention to it before, but after reading that, it brought much regret upon myself. We used to be close friends. Good friends where we'll meet up every other week to sing k, play squash, or even tennis. But this friendship vanished.. I always believed it was due to him going overseas, but today I realized perhaps it was me who didn't make the effort to keep this friendship. I didn't arrange to meet up with him when he was back. I didn't bother to find time to talk to him...

While watching tennis the other day over at my uncle's place, I got reminded of him. He was the only one whom I've played tennis with.. and I really miss the times when I randomly popped over at his place just to play tennis even though I can't play tennis at all. On top of that, I also miss the times when he, bimb and I will sing k at the karaoke room, the times when we'll play squash. I can remember so clearly, even though it was my first time playing squash, I really enjoyed it.

I don't know if he even reads my blog now, but TimoRockstarYeo, I miss those gatherings we used to have at your place!

Leaving y'all with a chunk of words that he wrote which I thought is very well-written:

Today I believe, I have reached an agreement with myself that in life, there are many ties that bind. Some constrict you while others prevent you from falling. The key to this is figuring out what is and what isn't. Regrets we all have a few. But through regrets begin change and through change begins new life. I guess what i'm really trying to say is that making that decision has been costly for me. In all aspects of my life, I am affected. But adaptability kicks in and I learn. I realise that sometimes, the friends you thought you had are now the friends you don't. So you live and let live. You cut off yourself and learn to move on. For progress is the only option as regression would only accelerate as the world moves forward. I wish I was an idealist. One who could build castles in the air and live in them. However, I seem to be the one that is continually breaking down the walls of Jericho. Putting reality as my standard of decision making. Pragmatism and practicality seem to be the driving force behind the decisions of my brain. It really eats at me sometimes, but at the end of the day, I know it is for the better. For what was may not necessarily be what is. 

No comments: