Monday, January 30, 2012

Acting Cat

Pardon my schizophrenia, I was feeling pretty down last night. But somehow today was a great day. Mainly because it isn't a boring day and there are people talking to me?

Had church today and I managed to take home some important messages from service.

Today's message was from Acts 20:35:

" In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

"It is more blessed to give than to receive."

Really, this isn't easy at all, isn't it? Human beings are selfish and they always want things, they want to receive and take instead of giving. Often, this is true in relationships and friendships. How often do you think of others before self? How often do you give and how often do you want to receive?

The truth is, I've always wanted to be on the receiving end. Giving wasn't my priority. I expect many things from people, but I've never thought of being the one to give instead. I always give up making the effort just because the receiver isn't reciprocating. But God made me realize today, relationships shouldn't be an exchange. It shouldn't be like gift exchange where you expect the other party to give you something in return for your gift.

From now on, I'll try to grab hold of this verse and always remind myself, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." It isn't easy, but I'll try. And I hope, I'll stop having evil thoughts (:

By the way, I haven't shared the good news. I'm currently playing for Eusoff Hall for Inter-Hall Games (IHG). The first match was on Friday and despite being really worried, we won (: Both the guys and girls team won, thank God.

When the girls saw the KR team walk in, we concluded we would most likely lose the match. There were 2 strong singles players which we can't beat.

When the lineup was up, we realized we've put our 2 stronger singles to fight against their 2 strong singles. And our 1st singles who wasn't strong, was fighting with their not strong singles too. But thank God, we took them down 3-2! :D And the guys team won 4-1 :D

There's a match against Sheares on Tuesday at 830pm. I've lessons till 8pm tiring much. But still am looking forward to it :D

The title of this post is "Acting Cat". Today while walking home from the carpark with Flabs, two of us saw this cat lying on its back, looking something like...

except that it was looking really sad. Initially we thought it was in a really cute position, so we went forward to take a look at it. But after a few minutes, it was still in that exact same position, so I stared at it and the cat gave me a, "I can't move, help me!" look. It really looked like it was tearing. So we sort of concluded it fell from the 2nd level and was in pain.

The worst thing was, the cat's front was entirely white.. and when we walked to the side, we could see some brown color on its back, and the first thought that came to my mind was, "OMG the cat's bleeding!!!"

So I panicked and asked Flabs what to do.. and so we decided to look for SPCA's number and call them up. That was after about 5 minutes of staring at the cat!

Then right when I was looking for the number, the cat looked at us, flipped its back and walked off...

"WAHLAO!!! The stupid cat cheated us!!!!" 

And yeah, the cat was perfectly fine. Made us waste our feelings for it!

Anyway, today was school with Flabs because he met up with Alfred for project discussion. Then it was over to his place for mini Korean BBQ and steamboat :D I love the food today, it was major love :D

Likea schizo posting one sad post and one happy post consecutively... byeeeee

No comments: